Ready for the New Year
Events for 2018 are now posted to our shared calendar and a few things are changing. Here’s a summary of what to expect starting January 01:
- Steering Committee Meetings will move to the 4th Wednesday of each month. The start time of 19:30 and location remain the same. This will allow us to focus on the events and planning activities for the upcoming month.
- Meet & Greet will be re-branded as the Annual Banquet and will adopt a new format and location. Stay tuned for details.
- Amateur Radio Nets will continue on their current schedule; 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month, 20:00 – 21:00.
- Basic Training is slated to begin September 9th and continue through October 27th. An orientation will take place 3 weeks prior to start on August 16th.
- Continuing Education classes are still being scheduled. The popular “backpack” class has been slated for February 15th at Station 5. We will be searching for training classes offered by ancillary organizations and updating the calendar accordingly.
- A heavy focus will be placed on maintaining the trailers and equipment this year, often using events at Central Station as an opportunity to exercise the generator and chainsaws. There are minor upgrades planned for both trailers that will streamline storage and organization. Reach out to John Mascio if you have an interest in getting involved.
Stay In The Know
As always, you can subscribe to our calendar by clicking here, or view the calendar any time from our website.