Circle April 21st on your calendar!
Dallas CERT is opening their Spring Training Express to all CERTs in the region and you don’t want to miss this lineup. This will be an all-day event with a morning session, lunch, and an afternoon session. Training topics this year include:
- Trauma and Tactical Medicine for CERT
- Pet Preparedness
- CERT Gear
- Run, Hide, Fight Analysis
- Stop The Bleed
During lunch, we will have an opportunity to visit with CERTs from around North Central Texas, shop for CERT gear, and even participate in an auction.
- Click here to sign up
- You will immediately receive an email providing you with the link to pay the $15 event fee.
- Within 24-48 hours, you will receive an email from Cassandra Wallace (firstname.lastname@example.org) confirming receipt of your payment and providing you with a temporary login and link for Volgistics/Vicnet (the system that you will utilize to register for the event sessions. **Note that this step MUST be completed – you will not have a way to signup for the event sessions without login/password.**
- After receipt of the email in #3, log into Volgistics/Vicnet https://www.volgistics.com/ex2/vicnet.dll?from=242611 (you may favorite this link in your browser OR you can always access it via www.dallascert.com and click on the Volgistics Member Login button near the top of the page. If you have any issues logging in or need a password reset, please contact Cassandra Wallace at email@example.com.
- Click on “Check Your Schedule” on the left side which will take you to the Calendar.
- In April, you will see a “Help Wanted” bubble on April 21 – the date for Spring Training Express. Click on the bubble.
- You will now see all sessions offered. We encourage EVERYONE to signup for the (exciting) Keynote session (180421-A1). Next you choose your “B” session (choose one of the four offerings). You will see that the sessions repeat a second time beginning at 10:45am (“C” sessions) so be sure you choose one of the four “C” sessions that you wish to attend. As you choose a session, it will indicate that you are successfully enrolled.
You are all set! We will see you on April 21!
Can I register a group?
No. Since registration requires individual selection of sessions, you must enter each person individually.
How much does this event cost?
$15 per person (includes continental breakfast, lunch and an event participation bag). If you have any questions regarding the event fee, please contact Cassandra Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-671-8969.
Can I pay for multiple people?
If you want to pay for multiple people, yes you may do so. Information on doing so is on the payment website.
I can/am only interested in attending a portion, can I do this?
We understand that your schedule may prevent you from attending the full day. If you wish to attend only a portion, only choose those sessions in the time you can attend. Full payment must still be made.
Who is invited?
All CERT volunteers in North Central Texas (16-counties) who have completed the G-317 course.
I know someone who is not a CERT but is involved a lot in emergency response, can they attend?
This program is for CERT volunteers in the North Central Texas region only. You must have completed G-317 (Basic CERT course) and be affiliated with a North Central Texas CERT Program.
Where will this event be held?
It will be held at the Dallas Fire Rescue Training Center located at 5000 Dolphin Rd., Dallas, TX 75223.
Will there be parking?
Yes, there is plenty of parking (free) at the facility as you enter the gate. You will receive an email with any necessary final details (including a map of the facility that denotes parking area) no later than April 14.
What is the time?
Registration and continental breakfast starts at 7:45am with the keynote and kickoff beginning at 8:15am. Depending on which afternoon session you choose to attend, you will end either at 3pm or 5pm.
Should I bring my kit/pack?
This is up to you. For some sessions, there is hands-on. While necessary equipment will be provided, you may want to use your own. And since there is a session on kits in the morning, if you are planning to you may find it helpful to have your kit – again, it is up to you.
Will sessions be taped and available online?
Are there limits on registration and attendance?
Yes, because of space and facilities, there are limits on sessions and exercises. These vary depending on the session or exercise. We encourage you register early to ensure you get your choices.
I want to know more, who can I contact?
There are several people and places:
General information is at http://www.dallascert.org/spring-training-express-2018/
General questions can go to Cassandra Wallace, Dallas CERT Program Manager at email@example.com or 214-671-8969. David Cegelski, President, Dallas CERT Inc. at 214-801-2708.
This program is sponsored jointly by the City of Dallas Office of Emergency Management Dallas CERT Program and Dallas CERT Inc., a nonprofit supporting CERT.
What else will be going on during the day?
Beyond the keynote and sessions, there will be a CERT Store where you can purchase CERT items and useful tools. There will also be an auction where you could win CERT items and other cool things.
Will there be meals provided?
A continental breakfast and box lunch are included in your registration. There will be a vegetarian option, if you need/want to bring your own breakfast/lunch/snacks, please feel free to do so – you will have access to a refrigerator and microwave if you need it.
My plans have changed and I need to cancel. How do I do this? Is there a refund?
We’ll miss you! Information on how to cancel will be included in your confirmation. Full refunds will be given for cancellations sent in before April 13.
For more information
You can visit the official Spring Training Express website or follow Dallas CERT on Facebook and Twitter for real-time updates.