Take the first step toward emergency preparedness by downloading the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) app.
Did you know your smartphone can be an important tool to help you prepare?
Many people use mobile applications (apps) to receive updates on severe weather, help them plan for emergencies, and stay informed of community activities.
The Disaster Information Management Research Center compiled apps from various organizations to help you find appropriate and trustworthy applications including those from FEMA and the American Red Cross. These apps cover the following areas:
- Family Reunification
- American Red Cross Suite of Apps
- Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Hazardous Substances
- Medical and Health Information
- Responder Support and Safety including field operations guides
- Psychological Health Tools for staying emotionally healthy
- S. Federal Agencies
- Surveillance and Alerts such as disease outbreaks and severe weather warnings
Having preparedness information and planning tools literally at your fingertips is an easy way to take action now!
This article was taken from the weekly FEMA Community Preparedness e-Brief.