- This event has passed.
“The Big X” North Central Texas Multi-Discipline, Multi-Jurisdiction Regional Exercise
November 11, 2016 @ 5:00 PM - November 12, 2016 @ 4:00 PMFree
This event is now closed to new volunteers. More information will be communicated to those who have signed up as participants, administrators, and volunteers.
NCTCOG will need many resources for this exercise. Plan to provide some support roles/resources such as evaluators/props. A total of 700+ CERT members have indicated their intent to participate over 2 days. More on specific roles/resources will be sent later.
Latest Updates Please check back for additional updates
Registration is expected to open the week of 10/17. A meeting will be scheduled to get everyone registered at once and brief on the final details of the event. Please RSVP below if you want to participate in the Big X.
We have been capped at 5 participants for Friday, 12 for Saturday. Internal registration is now on a first-come, first-serve basis so RSVP below to lock in your spot.
In order to accommodate the unexpectedly high numbers of CERT members wishing to participate in the November exercise, please note the following SCHEDULES (Saturday is now a full day for Saturday Only players)
- All Friday Night Players
- Friday players who are scheduled to play Saturday will do the Lake scenario only on Saturday (you will have completed the Field scenario Friday night)
- There will be one scenario Friday night, with two start times (victim actors will be required to arrive approx. 1 ½ hours before the first start time for moulage)
- Friday First Field start – 7 pm, end 9:30 pm (includes 30 minute hot wash)
- Friday Second Field start – 8:30 pm, end 11 pm (includes 30 minute hot wash)
- Those playing Friday night WHO WISH TO PLAY SATURDAY will be scheduled for a Saturday morning Lake scenario:
- Morning Lake start 1 – 9:15 am, end 12:15 pm (includes 30 minute hot wash) – for Friday schedule ending at 9:30 pm
- Morning Lake start 2 – 10:30 am, end 1:30 pm (includes 30 minute hot wash) – for Friday schedule ending at 11:00 pm
- Saturday Only Players
Saturday Only players will be assigned to the Drill Field scenario Saturday morning, and the Lake scenario in the afternoon
Drill Field times:
- First Field start – 8 am, end 10:30 am (includes 30 minute hot wash)
- Second Field start – 9:30 am, end 12:00 pm (includes 30 minute hot wash)
Break for Snacks/Lunch (bring your own). Snacks/drinks available free at Salvation Army canteen, on site
“Afternoon” Lake times:
- First Afternoon Lake start – 11:45 am, ends 2:45 pm (includes 30 minute hot wash) – for Sat. Drill Field schedule ending 10:30
- Second Afternoon Lake start – 1:15 pm, ends 4:15 pm (includes 30 minute hot wash) – for Sat. Drill Field schedule ending 12:00
The following summary information may be helpful for pre-planning and training. Details will be sent later.
- Friday night estimated play times: 7-10 pm
- Saturday estimated play times: 9 am – 1 pm
- Teams are advised to brush up on search techniques, assessments/triage, forms/documentation, and general Incident Command.
- Tarrant County College requires all players (including victims) to register with TCC prior to the exercise.
- Registration will include a waiver of liability.
- WE WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC INFORMATION ON REGISTRATOIN/WAIVERS LATER.
- Ensure your teams have
- Proper PPE
- Flashlights and/or head lamps, with fully charged batteries (especially Friday night).
- Play will go on, rain or shine.
- Dress accordingly.
- Teams will be outside in uneven terrain. There may be glass, sticks and/or other hazards.
- Wear appropriate shoes.
- Walking sticks may be used
If you have limited physical capabilities, please comment below at least 6 weeks prior to the exercise; September 30 (sooner is better)
- Some of the terrain on Saturday may be rugged; distances will be walked. This scenario is not advised for those with physical limitations
- Alternate roles will be provided for those unable to traverse uneven/rugged terrain
Two sessions are being offered – Friday evening and Saturday morning – both of which are optional but will have unique themes/agendas. Exact time frames are unknown at this time.
To pre-register on behalf of Allen CERT, use the RSVP section below.