When: April 28, 2018
Time: 8:00am – 4:00pm
Location: Hella Shrine Center, 2121 Rowlett Rd., Garland, TX 75043
The Garland Hella Hams and the ARRL North Texas Section would like to invite all current and prospective Hams to attend Mentorfest! This event is a great way for Hams, especially those recently licensed, to meet and learn about a variety of subjects. Amateur radio operators have a great tradition of helping each other learn about and gain experience in the many facets of the hobby. Mentorfest is designed to build on this tradition by providing a place for Hams of all ages and experience levels to come together, exchange knowledge and make new friends while having fun and enjoying the great hobby of Amateur Radio.
- Formal presentations on a number of topics.
- Local clubs providing information on their activities.
- “Elmers” (ham-speak for mentors) available for informal discussions on just about any topic.
- Tours of emergency communications vehicles.
- Representatives from the ARRL, ARES/RACES, REACT, National Weather Service and others showing how you can get involved.
In addition to the formal presentations, mentoring will be available on a large range of topics. Many amateur radio clubs, individual Hams and organizations with ties to amateur radio will be at Mentorfest to answer questions and provide demonstrations in a very informal setting. If you have something amateur radio related that you would like to show and tell about, please consider attending Mentorfest. Your excitement about a favorite subject might be an inspiration to another Ham. Come share your knowledge and experience. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be a mentor.
All ARRL affiliated clubs are encouraged to participate in Mentorfest by at least having an information table with club representatives. The ARRL will be promoting Mentorfest to new Hams so there should be opportunities for clubs to recruit new members. If your club or group is interested in participating in Mentorfest, please send E-mail to email@example.com. This event is free for everyone!
Volunteers are needed to help will the following tasks.
- Parking lot control for EmComm vehicle static displays.
- Greeters to help direct attendees to where to get the answers they seek.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.